If you work as a taxi driver and drive a minibus then you’ll want to take the necessary steps to protect both yourself and your vehicle while you’re working. Driving a taxi can come with some unique risks so safety should always be a priority.
Below are some great ways to make your vehicle more secure as well as some advice on getting the right type of cover.
Recommended security measures
- In-car CCTV – As far as protecting yourself goes – installing in-car CCTV is one of the best measures you can take. Depending on the company you work for, they might insist that you have in-car CCTV installed so there’s evidence if an attack or other incident took place in your taxi. In-car CCTV acts as an excellent deterrent to people who might otherwise be unruly or even attack you, especially people under the influence of alcohol.
- Dash cam – There are many great dash cams available now and most are very affordable. Dash cams are great for proving who was at fault for an accident. They’re particularly useful for taxi drivers since being involved in an incident where someone was injured or killed could cost you your job if you’re not able to prove you weren’t at fault.
- Tracking device – A tracking device will help you locate your vehicle if it’s stolen. They’re not particularly expensive to buy but you’ll be very glad you did if you need it.
- Park securely – Minibuses are expensive vehicles so you want to do anything you can in order to reduce the risk of theft and vandalism. The best way to protect your minibus when it’s not in use is by parking it in a securely locked garage.
Getting the right cover
Getting the right cover for your minibus is essential, particularly when you use your vehicle for work. There are many sites that enable you to get taxi minibus insurance quotes very easily, such as Insure Minibus.
The cost of a taxi minibus insurance policy will depend on a few factors, including –
- Your age – Your age is always a big factor when it comes to insurance, which is why most taxi firms won’t hire drivers under the age of 25.
- Your driving experience – Your experience on the road, particularly working as a taxi driver, will also impact how much you pay for your insurance.
- The value of your vehicle – The value of your minibus will of course play a big role in determining the cost of your insurance policy too.