If you run a taxi firm then security should be of the utmost importance. Taxi firms face numerous risks, such as theft of cash, non-paying customers, break-ins and attacks on drivers. Good security is therefore vital.
Below are some of the best ways to make your business more secure.
Securing your premises
Some of the best things you can do to secure your premises are –
- Limit cash stored on premises – One of the things that could easily attract thieves to your business is if they think there’s a lot of cash stored at your main office. For this reason it’s a good idea to ensure that there is never a large amount of cash stored there at any given time. The same applies for any other valuables that might attract thieves.
- Install CCTV – Installing CCTV cameras is another good way to protect your premises. Although it won’t guarantee that you won’t be targeted by thieves, it will ensure that you have video evidence of anything that happens.
- Fit an alarm – An alarm is always recommended for any type of business premises. If your premises is broken into then a good alarm will notify the police automatically and should act as a very strong deterrent to thieves and vandals.
- Get a combined insurance policy – A combined insurance policy will enable you to secure both your business premises and your vehicles under one policy. You can also protect things such as tools, stock and cash.
Protecting your vehicles and drivers
Some of the best things you can do to secure your vehicles are –
- Have alarms and in-car CCTV fitted – Having your vehicles fitted with alarms is a must. The vast majority, if not all modern vehicles with have security alarms so this is not an issue. In order to protect your drivers then in-car CCTV is a very effective way to do this.
- Get the right cover- A fleet policy is usually the best option when you need to insure multiple vehicles. Taxi fleet insurance is extremely useful since you’re able to insure multiple vehicle types of varying values under one policy.
- Hire experienced drivers – A very good way to put your business at less risk is by only hiring experienced and reliable drivers. This will help to cut down risks to your business and will make your insurance more affordable too.